Major Upgrades & Changes Coming To GigFeast

GigFeast had the privilege of handling band management for the recent Purcellville Music and Arts Festival and we learned a LOT! The biggest lesson that we learned is that we could serve bands and venues much better IF change how we operate. So some major changes are coming to GigFeast.com in the next few weeks that you need to be aware of. These changes will also appear in a new Terms of Service. SOOOO… If you do not agree with the changes below, you need to delete your account NOW.

Here’s the plan…

(1) PRO LEVEL WILL BE FREE & ALL BANDS WILL BE PRO FROM THE START

We are done charging anyone for PRO status. All bands will have full and equal capabilities so that we are not biased toward one band over another. GigFeast serves Venues by making recommendations and we should not be biased. AND every band should be able to show off the full extent of their awesomeness.

(2) BAND PROFILES WILL BE PUBLIC (EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN CRITICAL BITS)

Yep! All Band profiles will be public, except for specific bits such as average fee, backline  needs, etc. Registered Venues can see those bits… but everyone can see your general awesomeness.

(3) CALENDERS!

Both Bands and Venues will have a calendar on their profile pages where they can list upcoming shows. Bands will likely use this to promote upcoming gigs, while Venues will likely use this to track their bookings and to track which time slots they still need to fill.

(4) VENUES WILL BE ABLE TO PAY BANDS THROUGH GIGFEAST

This is a big one! Our entire business model is changing… Venues will be able to pay all of their bands through GigFeast. GigFeast will then pay each band directly via check or PayPal. This makes it easier on the Venue and that’s what we are all about. GigFeast will keep a 10% booking and management fee and pass the remaining 90% on to the band. (kind of like having a traditional manager but cheaper). Bands will be paid each Monday for payments received from Venues the previous week (Sunday-Saturday). This makes it easier on the Venue to pay and track their live music expenses. You might choose to increase your fees by 10% to balance it.

 

So here is the full process of how things will work under the new plan…

  • Bands list themselves on GigFeast in detailed, amazing looking profiles with tons of features, for FREE
  • Venues register with GigFeast to search, message, book, track and pay bands all in one place
    • Venues will use our search feature to find great bands,
    • our messaging feature to book those bands,
    • our calendar feature to track their music schedule,
    • and our payment feature to pay their bands
  • Bands will be paid by GigFeast each Monday for all gigs that were paid to us the previous week.

What we learned from our amazing experience so far is that this process of Venues and Bands finding each other and making the whole process happen is NOT EASY FOR ANYONE. We think we can change that!

Stand by for the big changes and expect a new Terms of Service to reflect all of this in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

GigFeast